This complete Kegel exercise workout shows you how to do the correct advanced Kegel exercise strengthening technique, how much exercise to do and how long to hold your Kegels as you exercise.
Kegel Exercises Advanced Workout for Women is Episode 5 in the How to Kegel series. It builds upon previous episodes to show women how to progress to advanced kegel exercises for even stronger pelvic floor muscles.
Physical therapist Michelle Kenway guides women through this complete daily advanced kegel workout designed to increase pelvic floor strength. Michelle is a Pelvic Floor Physiotherapist, author of Inside Out – the essential women’s guide to pelvic support. Find her books and women’s pelvic floor safe workout DVD’s at http://www.pelvicexercises.com.au
Advanced kegel exercises are suited to women who understand and can confidently perform the correct Kegel exercise technique. In this episode learn how to progress the beginners kegel exercises demonstrated in Episode 4 of this Kegel exercise series.
Advanced kegel exercises in this video include:
– Kegel exercises sitting on an exercise ball
– Kegel exercises in standing, a great functional position for pelvic flor strengthening.
In this exercise video, Michelle shows you how to:
– Correctly set up your posture
– Perform the correct advanced kegel exercise technique
– Correctly time Kegel exercises
– Rest between each exercise
– Add strong pulse Kegels for maximum strengthening.
The benefits of effective kegel exercises for women include:
– Improved bladder control
– Improved bowel control
– Improved vaginal / pelvic floor muscle strength and tone
– Decreased pelvic prolapse symptoms
– Improved pelvic prolapse support
– Improved sexual sensation and response.
The complete How to Kegel exercises for women video series includes 5 episodes designed to guide women step by step through understanding what Kegel exercises are, how to perform the correct technique, how to feel Kegel exercises and then how to do a Kegel workout:
Episode 1: What is a Kegel?
Episode 2: How to feel your Kegels
Episode 3: How to Kegel with correct technique for strength
Episode 4: Beginner’s Kegel workout
Episode 5: Advanced Kegel workout
Key Points for Advanced Kegel Exercises For Women Video:
– Ensure correct posture for your Kegel exercises
– Ensure you use the correct lift and squeeze contraction of your pelvic floor muscles
– Contract your pelvic floor muscles using a strong voluntary muscle contraction
– Hold or maintain the kegel for as long as you can up to 10 seconds at a time
-Perform strong pulses at the top of your lift for maximum strengthening
– Rest between exercises to allow sufficient time for your pelvic floor muscles to recover for your next attempt
– Perform your Kegel exercises in upright positions — this trains your pelvic floor muscles to work against gravity, and to function in upright positions.